Welcome and thank you for considering to join Excessum! We are a quality guild and require high standards from all of our members. Therefore we have a strict recruiting policy in order to create a first barrier our new potential members will have to overcome. Before applying, please read this post carefully, because it might just be the difference between getting accepted or getting rejected.
Please first consider if you can identify yourself with the following
-You behave in a respectful manner. Not just to your guild members, but also to non-guild members.
-You are pro-active, eager to participate on the forums and in voice-text chat and eager to discuss game mechanics.
-You are a team player, placing the needs and goals of the guild before your own.
-You do not easily get frustrated. We do not want our guild members to start breaking down and give up if they fail 10 times in a row or if we wipe consecutively in raid.
If you just read these traits and feel there is 1 or more with which you cannot identify yourself, please inform our guild officers & leader. It might save us both a lot of time.
1.Discord-Voip- A working microphone is recommended & a copy of Discord is mandatory to be installed & ready to use by all members higher than Trial & Social member. Only exception to that are hearing-speech impaired members. While participating in any official guild party or raid the ability to communicate is mandatory. Its highly encouraged to use mumble outside off the official groups & raids. Our community is voice oriented one so be aware of that.
2.Recruitment- New members are in a trial period, during this period officers will decide if the recruit is of Excessum standards. This only applies if its in game recruitment. Pre launch recruitment trial can last as long as its necessary until we will know you.
3.Disruptive Behavior- An excessive amount of complaining, non-constructive criticism, racism, arguing within the guild, etc., will result in removal from the guild. This does not mean that members can never complain, criticize or argue. The keyword here is "excessive", meaning that it reaches the point where it affects guild cohesiveness. Any guild member that engages in excessively disruptive behavior will receive a cautionary warning first, and if that behavior continues, they will be booted from the guild.
4. Quality Players- Our community have standards of quality play that we intend to maintain. If any guild member is found to be extremely lacking in their skills and will to learn, they may be voted on by the Officers for removal from the guild. The important phrase here is "extremely lacking."
5. No Cliques- We will not allow special cliques to form within the guild. Everyone in the guild should get to know all of the other guild members, and be equally helpful to all of them. For balanced grouping purposes, the Officers may have to adjust party or raids so that all guild members get a fair group when they play.
6. No Idiotic Public Behavior- If you want to act like a fool, we have private boards or discord for you to do that. Don't post on public forums & chats about the guild, how bad *** you are, or how we were foolish enough to add or kick you.
7. Respect Your Guild Members- You are required to treat other members of the guild with respect. How you actually feel about them is not relevant, but your behavior is. Feel free to interact with anyone outside of the guild however you like, as long as it doesn't violate any of the guild rules.
8. Forums & Website - All members are required to visit website regularly and be acquainted with all the necessary information that is placed in in the Guild sections of the games they are playing.
9. In-Game Botting- Members involved in use of any bot programs will be removed from the guild. If we find any evidence that you are involved, there will be no mercy!
10. Absence - If you are going away for a long period of time and you don't want to removed from the in game guild after two weeks of being inactive, you need to inform us about that in the absence forum using template provided there. Browser games are exception, look for details in their forum sections.
11. Spam & Invites- Spamming guild chat or in private messages is not allowed. Sending invites without any member's permission or knowledge is very rude. Ask first in chat or send private message. By Spam we mean same message in less that one hour period to same person or chat group.
Guild Member Requirements
There are certain attributes that Excessum members should have, these are the following
Skill:Members are expected to actively improve their skill and experience, this includes knowledge of every factor of your chosen class, knowledge of the surroundings, tactical awareness and your reaction time.
Determination: Members are expected to have the stamina to reach the goals set by the guild if they are participating in any group activities. Whenever a member's army get wiped out, they are expected to get back up ready to fight, ready to win!
Dedication:Our goal is to achieve top end game results and and promote dynamic community interactions. To participate within the ranks of the guild there is the expectation that you have dedication to the cause. Activity on the forums / voice / text chat comes and in game are all expected.
Attitude:Members are expected to posses certain attitude traits. These include such things as the ability to take criticism, ability to work as part of a team and take initiative in community related activities.
Maturity:Good communities are founded on maturity, tolerance and reasonable respect. By this we mean that you possess the ability to judge and apply your actions correctly depending on the situation and avoid conflicts and drama. You possess balanced and tolerant personality.
Founder and leader of the Excessum gaming community. In 2002 registered a domain for the site and opened it to members. Several years and five websites later he is still managing the community, and looking forward to the new and interesting games in the future.